June 5th, 7:00 pm – Marvin Lounge
- Opening prayer – Rev. Simon
- Changes to the agenda
- Approve May 1, 2018 Council Meeting minutes
- Capital Campaign Update
- Receive any reports or feedback from recognized groups of the church
- Heavenly Pantry, Heavenly Cents, Nepali Church, Called to Care, Craft Fest, EEO
- Background on Memorial Day service changes
- Can music committee go with one bid for Organ repair rather than three?
- June 10th Installation for Rev. Josh (3-4:30) – Confirmed
- LCDC – Member in Discernment Status for Josh Sharp (plans for Council tracking), Deacon?
- Scout activity, jamboree on June 9th: 30 young men for 3 hours, – Trustees
- What are plans for having a process and defining owners so that updates on construction plans and work are communicated to the many groups using the church with adequate lead time.
- Approve not meeting in July and add Mark’s and Josh’s vacation schedules to minutes.
- Tracking item: Explore options to provide church subsidized transportation (AnnMarie Sullivan)
- Tracking item: Church evacuation and safety plans (Deacons/Trustees)
- Tracking item: Craft fest committee changes
- Tracking Item: Committee sign ups for Ushering, third Sunday of the month unless otherwise noted:
- Ushering Month
- Church Council for Annual Meeting
- Christian Education
- 4/8 Capital Campaign
- Pastoral Relations
Approved meeting minutes are available from the church administrator.
There is STILL time to return your pledge…if you haven’t yet returned your pledge form, we ask that all pledges be returned by May 31** so that we can announce a grand total at our special Ice Cream Social celebration on Sunday June 3 at 10:15 a.m. (after single service at 9 a.m.). Can you help us reach our $822,000 goal before then?!
Every single pledge is vitally important…your gift matters!! If everyone participates, and maybe even stretches a little, we can reach our goal. This is OUR HOME and OUR FUTURE…we are truly in this together! Heartfelt thanks to everyone who has made a Campaign pledge so far.
Your gift will also help the Trustees get started on projects like the roof and the parking lot THIS summer. Imagine if we could get those projects done before another winter of ice and potential leaks.
Stop by our Campaign table in Fellowship Hall to drop off pledge forms, pick up extra forms, ask questions, schedule a visit, or just say hi.
We hope you will join us on the 3rd to celebrate the Campaign and say thank you to all the wonderful Campaign volunteers, as well as our amazing Faith Formation volunteers!
Peace & Blessings,
Kaki McGeary & Dave Johnson, Campaign Co-Chairs
**Of course, gifts and pledges received after the 31st will still be accepted, however they may not be included in our big announcement on the 3rd.